Having served the aftermarket of turbo for 20 years, HiLiQi has rich experience in addressing the needs of different customers. Along with high-performing and durable products, HiLiQi is proud to provide industry-leading customer services.
Capable of producing turbocharger parts interchangeable with other OE parts as well as repair kits, HiLiQi offers custom turbocharger solutions according to the needs of our clients.
- Repair kit
- Turbo core cartridge
- Turbo core cartridge
- Bearing housing
- Compressor wheel
- Turbine wheel
- Turbine housing
- Compressor housing
- Journal bearing
- Thrust bearing
- Heat shield
- Oil baffle
- Thrust collar
Your turbocharger spins at incredibly high speeds in your engine, making it all the more susceptible to damage and failure than many other components. Usually, a defective turbocharger is the consequence of some other primary engine defects. So the first thing you should do when your engine shows failure symptoms is not to replace the turbocharger, but to figure out the possible causes according to the following Turbocharger Diagnostic Tool. It helps you determine the true nature and extent of the trouble so that you can get your vehicle running again quickly.
- Dirty air filter system
- Dirty compressor or charge air cooler
- ECU (Electronic Control Unit) yet to be updated
- Excessive flow resistance in exhaust system, including catalyst and DPF
- Malfunction of fuel injector
Increased noise Coming from The Engine
- Exhaust gas leakage between turbine outlet and exhaust pipe
- Engine intercooler cracked/incorrectly adjusted
Excessive Smoke / High Oil Consumption
- Blocked/dirty air filter system
- Blocked/leaking pipes
- The type of oil inconsistent with manufacturer specifications
- Oil feed and drain lines clogged, leaking or distorted
- Crankcase ventilation clogged/distorted
- Inadequate oil lubrication
If the turbo problem still can’t be identified after the troubleshooting above, there are four common causes you should consider.
- Foreign Object Impact (FOI)
Commonly, foreign object damage is caused by materials entering the turbine, compressor or bearing housing, thus impacting the rotating wheels and shaft.
- Lack of Lubrication
Your turbo requires a constant thin layer of oil to prevent bearing damage and to keep it from rubbing on the housing or other components. Insufficient oil supply, incorrect or poor-quality oil type, improper placement of gasket are some of the things that affect the amount of oil that gets to your turbo.
- Oil Contamination
Contaminated oil results in excessive bearing tolerance between bearing and shaft, which contributes to a failed turbocharger. Always change the oil filters when replacing a new turbo. Use the correct oil grade for the engine and ensure that the inlet pipes are free from carbon deposits or sludge.
Obstruction within induction system, interfering with the wastegate, VNT linkage and actuator will force the turbocharger to operate beyond its safe operating parameters, sometimes causing turbine wheels or compressor wheels to burst.
HiLiQi assures our original purchasers that our turbos are defect-free in material and workmanship. But we do offer a six-month unlimited mileage warranty from the point of sale, or 12 months from B/L date.
The warranty is limited to original HiLiQi turbochargers.
Please note the warranty does not cover
- Damage or failure due to improper installation, foreign object damage, over-speeding of the turbo, misuse, neglect, poor maintanence, accidents;
- Repair or replacement of parts or components associated with, attached, or connected to the turbocharger unit, such as components of the cooling system, fuel system, engine control system, etc., plugs, oil filters and belts;
- Turbos used for racing or related purposes;
- Turbos subjected to modifications by the purchaser or anyone other than an authorized dealer, or those installed with accessories not consistent with original manufacturer’s specifications;
- Oil, filter and pipe must be changed before installing a new turbo.
- HiLiQi holds no responsibility toward any damage accrued by or related to the use of HiLiQi Turbo and any service item not identified in this part.
- The warranty is ot transferable.
- The warranty cannot be extended by any agent nor HiLiQi employee.